Friday, September 24, 2010

routine = balance

I'm almost there. I have to admit I've been a little overwhelmed the last couple of weeks but I'm finally getting into a weekly routine and things are going much easier. It's hard being the only one. A total shout out to all single moms...and working parents with more than two kids. How do people do it!? So glad it's Friday and Eric comes home for the weekend tonight!

Ashtin is doing great in kindergarten - she LOVES it. She brings home weekly sight words that she has to learn and recite every Thursday along with simple books she's started reading. I didn't believe her teacher when she told us at the open house that our kids would be reading in 4 short weeks. It's just amazing. I noticed last night that I'm going to have to stop spelling words out in front of her because she is starting to sound them out. Good thing she hasn't mastered the "ch" yet. She has also been asked to move up to the next level in gymnastics so now this means 3 hours each week which she is really excited for. The only down fall is her classes start at 4:15 and she doesn't get off the school bus until 4:20 so I'll have to start picking her up from school two days a week but this doesn't start for another two weeks. So we'll see how that whole routine/balance thing goes then.

Jenna is so me and so opposite of Ashtin (little Eric). It's so interesting to see this in their day to day activities. She decided she didn't want to take dance this fall with Ashtin. She said she already knows how to dance and likes the way she does it better than they do in ballet class. The girl just makes me laugh all the time!


And this little guy spent the night with us last night because Jennifer had a 6am surgery and her daycare didn't open until 6:30. He is such a happy baby in the mornings. But I'm happy with my two little ladies and wouldn't have it any other way...and glad that I can get my baby fix with Kaden at least once a week.

No comments: